|Venue: Princes Park||Date: Saturday August 9, 1913|
|Result: Win by 12 points||Umpire:||Crowd:|
|Goalkickers: G.Green 3, V.Gardiner 2, G.Bruce 1, H.Curtis 1, H.Haughton 1, J.Wells 1.|
|Best: G.Green, H.Haughton, J.Wells, A.McDonald, P.Dick, A.Baud, V.Valentine|
|Reports: Nil||Injuries: Nil|
Game ReviewDespite giving up 4th place to St Kilda in Round 15, Carlton must have been confident in regaining it in Round 16. The Saints would take on ladder leaders Collingwood, while the Blues would take on the lowly Tigers.
Carlton would win, sure enough, if tightly.
But the Saints would pull a massive win against the Pies - by 38 points - to lock in 4th place and their shot at the finals. St Kilda now only had to beat Geelong and Essendon - 5th and 6th placed teams - to keep the Blues out of the 1913 finals race.
At the end of this round Carlton were in 5th spot on the ladder with a percentage of 105.7.
|B:||30 Frank Hanna||15 Ernie Jamieson||21 Andy O'Donnell|
|HB:||2 Jim Marchbank (vc)||14 Billy Dick||25 Alf Baud|
|C:||29 Harold G. Evans||4 Andy McDonald||12 George Challis|
|HF:||16 Harry Curtis||20 Jack Wells (cc)||8 Tom Clancy|
|F:||17 Gordon Green||13 Vin Gardiner||3 George Bruce|
|Ruck:||5 Harry Haughton||7 Richard Moran||6 Viv Valentine|
MilestonesDebuts: Frank Hanna and Harold G. Evans
Last game (Carlton): Harry Curtis
Round 15 | Round 17
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Tuesday 06 of May, 2014 10:45:16 AEST by .
- 1924 Rnd 7 v South Melb Princes Park
- 1924 Rnd 7 CFC team v S. Melb
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Arden Street - Jim Park
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb - Harry Vallence
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Arden Street
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Rod Leffanue
- Football clinic at Princes Park, 1973.jpg
- Carlton beats Richmond in 1973 Qualifying Final.jpg
- Barry Armstrong in colour.jpg
- Barry Armstrong in action against Richmond..jpg
183 online users