|Venue: Brunswick Street Oval||Date: Saturday June 26, 1915|
|Result: Loss by 12 points||Umpire: A.Norden||Crowd: 20,000 (minimum)|
|Goalkickers: H.Burleigh 3, V.Gardiner 1, H.Haughton 1.|
|Best: R.McGregor, A.McDonald, P.Daykin, C.Hammond, P.O'Brien, A.Baud, H.Burleigh|
|Reports: Billy Dick (striking Jack Cooper, reported by VFL Steward.) - 10 Matches. (Insulting language to field umpire) - Reprimand.|
Game ReviewCarlton lost this battle of second against third and fell one spot on the ladder. Fitzroy and Carlton were both then 6 points behind Collingwood.
The ten-week suspension handed out to Billy Dick for striking Jack Cooper meant that Carlton's captain would miss the remainder of the season, which of course included our second consecutive Premiership.
On VFL grounds, 10% of the receipts were donated to the Patriotic Funds. In contrast the VFA donated 100% of receipts to the Patriotic Funds.
At the end of this round Carlton were in 3rd spot on the ladder with a percentage of 128.2.
|B:||3 Andy McDonald||7 Ernie Jamieson||10 Paddy O'Brien|
|HB:||24 Billy Robinson||1 Billy Dick (c)||18 Alf Baud (vc)|
|C:||20 Jimmy Morris||11 Rod McGregor||9 Ted Brown|
|HF:||12 George Challis||5 Harry Haughton||2 Percy Daykin|
|F:||21 Herb Burleigh||13 Vin Gardiner||14 Athol Sharp|
|Ruck:||16 Charlie Hammond||19 George Calwell||4 Viv Valentine|
Round 9 | Round 11
Contributors to this page: Jarusa
Page last modified on Tuesday 13 of August, 2013 21:32:32 AEST by .
- 1924 Rnd 7 v South Melb Princes Park
- 1924 Rnd 7 CFC team v S. Melb
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Arden Street - Jim Park
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb - Harry Vallence
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Arden Street
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Rod Leffanue
- Football clinic at Princes Park, 1973.jpg
- Carlton beats Richmond in 1973 Qualifying Final.jpg
- Barry Armstrong in colour.jpg
- Barry Armstrong in action against Richmond..jpg
187 online users