|Venue: Princes Park||Date: Saturday 27 May 1944|
|Result: Won by 2 pts||Umpire:||Crowd: 18,000|
|Goalkickers: R.Savage 7, J.Mooring 3, A.Way 2, B.Green 1.|
|Reports: Frank Anderson (Striking) - Not Guilty.||Injuries:|
Game ReviewA close win, despite being 30 points down at the last change (A record...see below) and the Blues kept in touch with the top of the ladder. Poor kicking by the Blues almost cost them the game, despite kicking one less goal, the Blues ended up winning this game (simliar to the 1968 Grand Final where the Bombers kicked more goals than the Blues but still lost the Grand Final).
At the end of this round Carlton were in 3rd spot on the ladder with a percentage of 114.1.
|B:||9 Bob Atkinson (Acting capt.)||6 Bob Chitty||14 Rod McLean|
|HB:||18 Arthur Sanger||1 Frank Anderson||26 Jim Clark|
|C:||11 Ron Hines||15 Vin Brown||8 Fred Fitzgibbon|
|HF:||4 Alec Way||28 Jack Wrout||32 Bob Green|
|F:||20 Graham Tudor||24 Ron Savage||30 Mick Price (vc)|
|Ruck:||3 Jack Bennett||5 Ted Tuohill||16 Jim Mooring|
|19th Man:||31 Charlie McInnes|
MilestonesLast Game: Ted Tuohill
Score Records: This was the equal biggest deficit Carlton had ever come back from at three-quarter time, equalling a game in 1942.
Round 3 | Round 5
Contributors to this page: DeanoSupremo
Page last modified on Sunday 21 of July, 2013 14:12:01 AEST by .
- Coach Brendon Bolton welcomes Jacob Weitering to Carlton.jpg
- Jacob Weitering.jpg
- Weitering takes a big pack mark for Vic Country - 2015.jpg
- Stephen Silvagni takes another 'speccy' against Collingwood.jpg
- Football commentator Lou Richards joins the Bluebirds.jpg
- Classic defence - Bruce Doull punches the ball clear.jpg
- 1960 Night Series match at South Melbourne - Carlton vs Richmond.jpg
- Carlton Footballers Cricket Team 1932-33.jpg
- The huge crowd at the 1938 Grand Final vs Collingwood.jpg
- 1909 VFL Grand Final -South Melbourne enters the field.jpg
95 online usersPatsFitztrick