Career : 1966 - 1969
Debut : Round 18, 1966 vs Geelong, aged 20 years, 23 days
Carlton Player No. 792
Games : 17
Goals : 8
Last Game : Round 17, 1969 vs Geelong, aged 23 years, 5 days
Guernsey Nos. 17 (1966) and 41 (1967-69)
Height : 184 cm (6 ft. 1 in.)
Weight : 84 kg (13 stone, 3 lbs.)
DOB : 4 August, 1946
Ron Auchettl (pronounced 'Ocker-tell') was a journeyman flanker who filled various roles at Carlton from 1966 to ’69 after being recruited from Merlynston in Melbourne’s north.
Ron’s time at Princes Park coincided with the legendary recruiting spree of the Barassi era, so he found himself part of one of the most talented player groups ever assembled by the Blues. This limited his opportunities, but his persistence still brought him 17 senior appearances and 8 goals in four seasons, including Carlton's 29 point loss to Geelong in the 1967 Preliminary Final.
Ron captained the Blues’ Reserves team in his final season, then was cleared to Bendigo League heavyweights Castlemaine as captain-coach in 1970.
Flash player not available.
LinksArticles: RIP Ron Auchettl
Blueseum: Summary of playing statistics for Ron Auchettl | Auchettl's Blueseum Image Gallery
- 1890 J. Moorhouse ABC Capture.JPG
- Keith Warburton portrait.jpg
- 1961 Ian Collins and Alan "Butch" Gale, Age April 24
- 1965 Wes Lofts and David Shaw (Ess) Age Aug. 31
- 1965 Berkley Cox and Alec "Kookaburra" Epis, Age Aug 31
- 1965 Rnd 5, Nicholls and Barassi Age
- 1965 J. Nicholls and R. Barassi Rnd 5 Age photo
- 1965 Ron Barassi Rnd 16 Age Aug 16 photo
- 1965 Terry Board and Berkley Cox, Rnd 16 Age Aug 16
- 1965 Round 16 v Coll Age Aug 16.PNG
145 online usersblueycarlton