Career : 1966 - 1969
Debut : Round 18, 1966 vs Geelong, aged 20 years, 23 days
Carlton Player No. 792
Games : 17
Goals : 8
Last Game : Round 17, 1969 vs Geelong, aged 23 years, 5 days
Guernsey Nos. 17 (1966) and 41 (1967-69)
Height : 184 cm (6 ft. 1 in.)
Weight : 84 kg (13 stone, 3 lbs.)
DOB : 4 August, 1946
Ron Auchettl (pronounced 'Ocker-tell') was a journeyman flanker who filled various roles at Carlton from 1966 to ’69 after being recruited from Merlynston in Melbourne’s north.
Ron’s time at Princes Park coincided with the legendary recruiting spree of the Barassi era, so he found himself part of one of the most talented player groups ever assembled by the Blues. This limited his opportunities, but his persistence still brought him 17 senior appearances and 8 goals in four seasons, including Carlton's 29 point loss to Geelong in the 1967 Preliminary Final.
Ron captained the Blues’ Reserves team in his final season, then was cleared to Bendigo League heavyweights Castlemaine as captain-coach in 1970.
Flash player not available.
LinksArticles: RIP Ron Auchettl
Blueseum: Summary of playing statistics for Ron Auchettl | Auchettl's Blueseum Image Gallery
- Coach Brendon Bolton welcomes Jacob Weitering to Carlton.jpg
- Jacob Weitering.jpg
- Weitering takes a big pack mark for Vic Country - 2015.jpg
- Stephen Silvagni takes another 'speccy' against Collingwood.jpg
- Football commentator Lou Richards joins the Bluebirds.jpg
- Classic defence - Bruce Doull punches the ball clear.jpg
- 1960 Night Series match at South Melbourne - Carlton vs Richmond.jpg
- Carlton Footballers Cricket Team 1932-33.jpg
- The huge crowd at the 1938 Grand Final vs Collingwood.jpg
- 1909 VFL Grand Final -South Melbourne enters the field.jpg
97 online users