Carlton Reserves Career: 1978 - 1980
Reserve Games: 25
Reserve Goals: 20
Height: 5.8' (173cm)
Weight: 11.0' (70kg)
Guernsey No. 46 (1979 - 1980), 50 (1978) and 54 (1977).
Guernsey No. 3 (1978 - 1979 U/19's)
DOB: 9th April, 1960.
Robert Hubbard was a local boy from St Marks, Fawkner, he came up through the U/19's to later play Reserve Grade Football from 1978 to 1980 with the Blues. Hubbard was a small, tough red-headed on-baller who started playing with the U/19's in 1977. Hubbard won the Blues U/19's best and fairest on two occassions (1977 and 1979), in doing this he became the only player in the club's history to do so at this level.
He was also a key member of the U/19's back-to-back premierships in 1978 and 1979 which was under the guidance of former Carlton premiership winger Bryan Quirk. Hubbard kicked the goal early in the last quarter that put the Blues in front for the first time in the 1979 U/19's Grand Final. The Blues had trailed all day up until that stage until he kicked a true captain's goal to give the Blues the lead, they were never headed from that stage on for the rest of the Grand Final.
Robert Hubbard also performed the duties of the Runner for the Seniors. This included a mistake during the 1999 Preliminary Final when he gave away a 50 metre penalty in the third quarter when he ran across the mark against Essendon. This infringement resulted in a goal to the Bombers!!!
He did not manage a Senior game for Carlton.
Career Highlights1977 U19's Best and Fairest Winner
1977 U/19's Ladies Trophy
1978 U/19's Premiership Player
1978 U/19's 3rd Best & Fairest
1979 U/19's Best and Fairest Winner
1979 U/19's Premiership Player and Captain
1979 U/19's Third in the club goalkicking 39 goals
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Thursday 25 of April, 2013 11:00:08 AEST by .
- Coach Brendon Bolton welcomes Jacob Weitering to Carlton.jpg
- Jacob Weitering.jpg
- Weitering takes a big pack mark for Vic Country - 2015.jpg
- Stephen Silvagni takes another 'speccy' against Collingwood.jpg
- Football commentator Lou Richards joins the Bluebirds.jpg
- Classic defence - Bruce Doull punches the ball clear.jpg
- 1960 Night Series match at South Melbourne - Carlton vs Richmond.jpg
- Carlton Footballers Cricket Team 1932-33.jpg
- The huge crowd at the 1938 Grand Final vs Collingwood.jpg
- 1909 VFL Grand Final -South Melbourne enters the field.jpg
118 online users