Reserves Games: 20
Reserves Goals: 16
Guernsey No.: 26 (1984)
Height: 5'10" (178cm)
Weight: 11.5 (72kg)
Born: January 7th, 1960.
Smith was a small centreman from Swan Districts and was with Carlton in 1984. In the WANFL he was often rated as better that South Fremantle's (& Richmond's) Maurice Rioli until Smith did his knee (and Carlton paid for his op). Readers may recall at the time, Smith took Carlton to Court after being delisted by Carlton in 1985 - it was reported that he was Carlton's highest paid player in 1984!
Smith was a very smart and smooth flowing player, a bit like Marc Murphy is today.
Smith on the way back
Outstanding Swan Districts cenreman Mike Smith is on the comeback trail. The talented Smith played his first game of the season with the reserves on Saturday and came through with flying colours. Smith had been sidelined with serious knee trouble. A special American knee guard was tried unsuccessfully and it was left to heavy strapping to keep the knee in place.'' - Scott Nicholls - Inside Football 6th August 1981
Mike Smith did not play senior football with Carlton.
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Thursday 30 of May, 2013 20:08:59 AEST by .
- Coach Brendon Bolton welcomes Jacob Weitering to Carlton.jpg
- Jacob Weitering.jpg
- Weitering takes a big pack mark for Vic Country - 2015.jpg
- Stephen Silvagni takes another 'speccy' against Collingwood.jpg
- Football commentator Lou Richards joins the Bluebirds.jpg
- Classic defence - Bruce Doull punches the ball clear.jpg
- 1960 Night Series match at South Melbourne - Carlton vs Richmond.jpg
- Carlton Footballers Cricket Team 1932-33.jpg
- The huge crowd at the 1938 Grand Final vs Collingwood.jpg
- 1909 VFL Grand Final -South Melbourne enters the field.jpg
111 online users