Victorian Football Association
Career: 1882 - 1884 1887 - 1888 1893
1883 The Argus Saturday 7th. April reports, that at the Carlton Football Club general meeting last night, a medal was presented to J. Woods of the Second Twenty.
1886 At the Carlton general meeting in April, J. Woods received an illuminated address for long service to the club.
1893 August 9
Former Carlton and Melbourne players played a charity match.
J. Woods name appears in the Carlton team squad for this game.
1897 Report of the Melbourne-South Melbourne V.F.L. game May 8, mentions that former Carlton player Woods is playing for Melbourne after a stint at Maryborough. "As having all the qualifications of a dashing goal defender." (Possibly Alf. Wood )
J. Woods appears in the 1887 (against Norwood) and 1888 (in Tasmania) Carlton Football Club team photos.
LinksBlueseum: Pre VFL Players
- 1924 Rnd 7 v South Melb Princes Park
- 1924 Rnd 7 CFC team v S. Melb
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Arden Street - Jim Park
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb - Harry Vallence
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Arden Street
- 1933 Rnd 9 v N. Melb Rod Leffanue
- Football clinic at Princes Park, 1973.jpg
- Carlton beats Richmond in 1973 Qualifying Final.jpg
- Barry Armstrong in colour.jpg
- Barry Armstrong in action against Richmond..jpg
180 online usersblueycarlton