1879 October 4
A. Lewes/Lewis was named in the Second Twenty 21 man squad that played Geelong Juniors at Geelong.
1879 Reserves; The smartest dodger in the team.
(The Footballer 1879. p29)
1880 August 28
Carlton played West Melbourne at Princes Oval.
Wests were a player short and Carlton loaned them a player for the match.
West Melbourne only scored one goal during the game and that was by Lewis the Carlton player.
Could be A. Lewis or J. Lewis?, both played for the Blues in the same era.
LinksBlueseum:Pre VFL Players
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Tuesday 15 of February, 2011 21:02:02 AEDT by .
- Shane Watson.jpg
- Dale Amos coaching at Geelong.jpg
- Dale Amos.jpg
- Dale Amos portrait.jpg
- Amos on the burst for Sth Barwon.jpg
- Tim Clarke portrait.jpg
- Tim Clarke coaching at Richmond.jpg
- Tim Clarke during his playing days at Hawthorn.jpg
- Soapy steers one through.jpg
- 'Soapy' drives a long shot home.jpg
106 online users