1879 October 4
A. Lewes/Lewis was named in the Second Twenty 21 man squad that played Geelong Juniors at Geelong.
1879 Reserves; The smartest dodger in the team.
(The Footballer 1879. p29)
1880 August 28
Carlton played West Melbourne at Princes Oval.
Wests were a player short and Carlton loaned them a player for the match.
West Melbourne only scored one goal during the game and that was by Lewis the Carlton player.
Could be A. Lewis or J. Lewis?, both played for the Blues in the same era.
LinksBlueseum:Pre VFL Players
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Tuesday 15 of February, 2011 21:02:02 AEDT by .
- Sam Rowe 2015.jpg
- 1922 Leo Credlin
- Sheehan at pre-seasion training, 2015.jpg
- Ciaran Sheehan in action for the Northern Blues.jpg
- The Menzies Bentley on its platform at Princes Park.jpg
- 1910 Col. Robert Robertson p 1 of 7
- 1910 Col. Robert Robertson p2
- 1910 Col. Robert Robertson p3
- 1910 Col. Robert Robertson p4
- 1910 Col. Robert Robertson p5
148 online users