1879 October 4
A. Lewes/Lewis was named in the Second Twenty 21 man squad that played Geelong Juniors at Geelong.
1879 Reserves; The smartest dodger in the team.
(The Footballer 1879. p29)
1880 August 28
Carlton played West Melbourne at Princes Oval.
Wests were a player short and Carlton loaned them a player for the match.
West Melbourne only scored one goal during the game and that was by Lewis the Carlton player.
Could be A. Lewis or J. Lewis?, both played for the Blues in the same era.
LinksBlueseum:Pre VFL Players
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Tuesday 15 of February, 2011 21:02:02 AEDT by .
- Alf Williamson 1915.jpg
- Fallen Blues memorial stone at Princes Park - April 2015.jpg
- Fallen Blues memorial stone at Princes Park - plaque detail.jpg
- Fen McDonald 1914.jpg
- 1909 Carlton Guernsey worn by mascot in 1913
- 1899 Bobadil J. Hooper
- 1907 Rnd 3 Crowd v Melbourne MCG
- 1907 Rnd 3 vs Melbourne MCG
- 1907 Rnd 3 v Melb. MCG
- 1907 Rnd 3 v Melbourne MCG
99 online users