1879 October 4
A. Lewes/Lewis was named in the Second Twenty 21 man squad that played Geelong Juniors at Geelong.
1879 Reserves; The smartest dodger in the team.
(The Footballer 1879. p29)
1880 August 28
Carlton played West Melbourne at Princes Oval.
Wests were a player short and Carlton loaned them a player for the match.
West Melbourne only scored one goal during the game and that was by Lewis the Carlton player.
Could be A. Lewis or J. Lewis?, both played for the Blues in the same era.
LinksBlueseum:Pre VFL Players
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Tuesday 15 of February, 2011 21:02:02 AEDT by .
- David Cuningham.jpg
- Matthew Wright.jpg
- Matt Wright during his playing days at Adelaide.jpg
- Coach Brendon Bolton welcomes Jacob Weitering to Carlton.jpg
- Jacob Weitering.jpg
- Weitering takes a big pack mark for Vic Country - 2015.jpg
- Stephen Silvagni takes another 'speccy' against Collingwood.jpg
- Football commentator Lou Richards joins the Bluebirds.jpg
- Classic defence - Bruce Doull punches the ball clear.jpg
- 1960 Night Series match at South Melbourne - Carlton vs Richmond.jpg
122 online users